Friday, March 24, 2006

lately life has been...

well, its been so long since i've posted. lots has happened, diedre turned one. that was a great day, a little sad, a little hectic (lots of house guests), then i lost all my pictures (scary) but andrew got them all back.

i have completed my first project with stir and am waiting for another one.

i am living in a new town (since september) and the main thing thats going on, i guess, is trying to get to know people. there are few couples from church that i feel i'm connecting with a bit. then there are a few from other mom's groups. i find it hard sometimes because although i dont have a problem striking up a conversation, i am so sensitive, so if someone seems less interested in talking to me the next time i see them, i worry that i came on too strong or something. its weird to be making new friends at this age i guess. i was not afraid of it before, but i just keep telling myself to give it time. take it slow. dont read into what people say. its pretty annoying that i am so easily upset because i think i am usually fairly self-assured.

i guess its like any other "doubts" i've had in my life, i have to write a mental list so that i can tell myself the truth, in order to bring myself back to feeling the truth and assurance. knowing that about myself has helped me with my faith, with my relationship with derek (early stages) and hopefully in this case too.

diedre has been such a joy. i am enjoying watching her learn and grow and i love to watch her play. its so cute.

i also had my first day away from her, last saturday. i was away from her for 10 hours. several girlfriends and i went downtown vancouver to shop and then to a chocolate buffet. it was very very sweet and i got a new outfit for my friend's wedding. i did really well away from diedre, i almost cried when i was having a 3pm snack, b/c i thought "she should be having a snack now!" hee hee
derek also said he enjoyed his special time alone with her. he will get a little more of that on monday night when i go to a wedding shower.

in other news, my mom has found a job out here, tentatively starting july 1st!!! yay! we are so excited to have grandma jen & grandpa richard out here to spend time with.

anyway, i guess i'll get going, baby d should be waking up soon from a nap. she is still napping great! about two 2-hour naps a day.

ciao

5 comments:

Michelle said...

that will be so great for you to have your mom and richard out in BC with you.. i'm sure that they will love all the time they will get with the grandkids!

Jenn said...

Hi Amanda, you don't know me but I found your other blog through my friend Mandy just before you had Diedre. I ran into you at the Sears elevator quite awhile back and probably shocked you by caling out your baby's name (nothing like a complete stranger knowing who you are!) Anyhow, some of the pics you have posted look familiar and I'm wondering if you have moved to my town. I have a baby girl who is 18 months old. You can get to my blog site through Mandy's if you'd like to check us out.

Jenn

Michelle said...

hmm, wow, you haven't updated this since march! what's new with you, chickie?

S. said...

Hi Amanda,

I just noticed this separate blog of yours today!! I really like reading it and I hope you will be posting more. I see the last post was in March... ahem!

Can I add it to my links? Or has it been abandoned?

Stef

derek salmon said...

stef, yes, link to me. this is still a "live" site.

:)