Monday, July 23, 2018

Cloudy Puddle

I've recently been going through some counselling and learning about Values Mapping. Its pretty fascinating to think that I have some innate values that cannot be changed and were not likely taught to me, but were a part of who I was in the beginning...

It takes some time and some discussion to figure out which values pop out and often its when we get offended that we can identify which value is being challenged or upset.

I have a value for being authentic, which is why "fake" people or passive aggressive people really trigger my authentic value.

I am seeing myself as a bit of a puzzle and trying to get myself put back together...if I ever was totally together!

The annoying thing about counselling is that its like stirring a puddle, and all the mud in the bottom gets disturbed and starts clouding the water. I'm definitely in the cloudy puddle phase right now.

No comments: