Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 2013

Christmas went surprisingly well. I managed to have a low-expectations but festive mood going on.

January has been very challenging with finances and its so hard to not spiral into negativity on a daily basis...

This was the verse I've been going back to all day today:

Proverbs 3:7-8 New International Version (NIV)

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
 and nourishment to your bones.

When I focus on the things that scare me, the evil I see in the world, in the media, thinking ahead to what my kids will see--I allow stress and anxiety to overwhelm me. But, if I remember to read my Bible, to take some time looking to Jesus, there is such a different outcome. He has wisdom that does not come naturally to me. His plan for my life says to Seek Righteousness and shun evil. Don't spend my time focusing/getting worked up about "evil" but look at and focus on the good things the Lord is doing, has done, will do. Love what is good. This is what I'm attempting to do. When I see other believers sharing opinions that sound totally contrary to what a Biblical worldview would be, I can only think, I am responsible to seek and stand for the truth--in my life and for my family. God is judge, people can say and do and believe and think whatever they want. That is not my problem. I must Seek Righteousness.

No comments: