Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Repair Work

I am a little nervous today...I only have one more hour of drinking "clear" liquids (although for some strange reason, coffee is OK) before heading to the hospital for my second umbilical hernia repair surgery. I had one back in 2009 after my 3rd pregnancy. Then after doing well and going to the gym regularly, I felt the hernia tear open while i was lying on a body ball on my stomach. I had found out I was pregnant with my 4th baby only five days earlier...so I was quite sure they would not be able to do anything. My 4th pregnancy proved to be my most painful and the herniated area was so painful throughout.

This time, I have a new surgeon, and am going to a hospital I have never been treated in before. My previous surgery was in the same hospital where I had delivered all my kids, so it was a little familiar.

Its funny how not being allowed to eat seems like it will be so difficult (especially since I'm a snacker and a "must have breakfast" and "must have my multivitamin, Omega-3-6-9, B50, and Aerius" every day kind of person).

Feeling nervous kind of kills the hunger.

I also have the task of trusting my husband to do "my job" and I'm hoping he has a good attitude because if he's stressed out by the kids, I know I will feel stressed. I will try my very best to relax, rest and recover...but trust me, for a control freak, that will be a challenge!

No comments: